This organization pairs business people and professionals who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise, on a volunteer basis, with artists or cultural managers who are looking for help in developing their company.
To create beneficial and long-lasting ties between business volunteers and cultural organizations, based on their mutual needs and interests.
Receive the help you need, for free, when you want to:
- appoint a new board member;
- create a communications plan;
- prepare a strategic plan;
- review payroll polices;
- analyze computer systems;
- obtain legal advice;
- or get any other assistance.
Use the online form (in French only) to specify your needs.
- Determine the needs of your organization
- Go to the Bénévoles d’affaires website (in French only)
- Fill out the form and write up the mandate of the volunteer you need
- Get advice from Bénévoles d’Affaires
- Talk to the volunteers over the phone
- Meet with the selected volunteer(s)
- Have clear mandates and objectives for your volunteers. They will feel validated to see the concrete results of their involvement.
- Don’t hesitate to give yourself a trial period before officially appointing the volunteer to your board. For you as well as the volunteer, this time will enable you to get acquainted and make sure that you both have something to offer one another.
Testimonials by employees who have participated in the Bénévoles d'affaires corporate program.
Guy Grenier, government relations consultant, member of the board of L'Illusion, Théâtre de Marionnettes.
I was looking for passionate people who were making a unique contribution to our community. This is what I found with the artisans of L’Illusion, Théâtre de Marionnettes. I had the chance to join their team at a very exciting time in their history. The company is growing and intends to relocate. My goal is to enable this Montreal institution to make our children dream for many years to come.
Adil Elyacoubi, Director, Corporate Strategy Consultation, Samson Bélair/Deloitte et Touche, working with the marketing committee of the Opéra de Montréal.
I offered my strategic consulting experience to the Opéra de Montréal. Contrary to what many people think, business volunteering isn’t overly time-consuming. I’ve been able to find the necessary time to participate in this initiative despite my busy schedule. It’s very gratifying to see your modest contribution create an impact on an organization. I enthusiastically invite professionals to join Bénévoles d'affaires.
Valérie Duchesne-Carle, Vice-president, Copilote Inc, member of the board of Création Etc.
Thanks to Bénévoles d'affaires, I’ve had the opportunity to be matched with an organization with which I feel a kinship, Créations Etc. As a board member, I really have the feeling that I’m making a difference within the organization and helping hundreds of young people benefit from activities such as Festival Vue sur la relève, Camp des Arts or Projet d'intervention Rousselot. My involvement is very enriching on a human level and I owe it mainly Bénévoles d'affaires. Many thanks to the entire team!